Chapter 4 (The weaponization of code) notes:
- Cybersecurity is going to be an industry of the future.
- If one new person comes online, one new customer who needs cybersecurity enters the market.
- The growth will be steep, the need will be sustained, and this ever growing need currently comes up against a major talent shortage. The qualifies job candidates are too few.
- Cybersecurity is everyones problem. Not just governments or big companies. Also small companies and individuals are part of it.
- Liberty without security is fragile, and security without liberty is oppressive. The years ahead will force us to balance these two as we have had not before.